I have edited written work for several notable and even bestselling authors. Check out my testimonials. 🙂
The service provided:
- A thorough detailed read of your book, duh. 😉
- While reading your book I will correct any and all spelling and grammar mistakes I find as well as typos.
- I will make comments on wording, to help with the flow of how a sentence or paragraph reads.
- I will make minimal comments or suggestions on the flow of the story, look for plot holes, pacing, etc.
- I will do minimal fact-checking if necessary.
All of these services are based on YOUR PREFERENCE. If you prefer, I am happy to strictly correct spelling and grammar.
All I will need from you, the author:
- A file of your manuscript via Microsoft word or pages (mac).
- If possible, please contact me at least a month before you will be requiring my editing services. We can talk about putting down a deposit to hold your spot if necessary. Just want to make sure I get you on my calendar in advance. I request two weeks with your book. I will most likely be able to finish it in half that time, but that being said when I’m editing I like to really take my time with your work. Give it the love and attention it deserves, and that good editing requires.
THE COST IS $300 for the first 100,000 words and $2.50 per 1,000 words after that.
PLEASE NOTE: As common with book editing, it is always a good idea to have a proofreader, second set of eyes, to double check the book before publication. I have a great proofreader I love to work with that I can suggest. One system that works great is: You write it. I will edit it. You make the corrections. Send to proofreader. Make any additional corrections. Send it back to me for a final read through. 🙂 We can discuss what system works best for you. 🙂